Wo-andering

Wonderings of a Wanderer (hence wo-andering). I came up with the name durring a month long road trip. While I'm no longer wandering about physicly, my mind is always on a road trip, so I thought I would start writing the trip down.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Leting the Word speak for itself.

I'm kinda fried, mentally, and I'm not too happy with my last entry, so I'm going to keep this simple, until I regain some sanity. John 14 just has so many gems. I'm just going to post them and let them speak for themselves. Oh, and this is New Living Translation, because I know you'll probaby wonder. Enjoy.

There are many rooms in my Father's home, and I am going to prepare a place for you. If this were not so, I would tell you plainly. When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

The truth is, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be wit the Father.

If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world at large cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you do, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.

I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home